Maxwell completed his highest ODI knock and hit his first ever ODI double century as the cricketer hit 21 fours as well as 10 sixes. Indian batsman and former captain Virat Kohli took to his Instagram and wrote: “Only you can do this. Freak”.
With this, the 35-year-old wrestler broke several records.
- Making a double hundred in men’s ODIs, Maxwell became the first non-opener player. Up to 11 ODI double hundreds have now been achieved; but, before Maxwell’s brilliant effort, an opener had collected all of them. The final from Australia entered at No. 6 to further reinforce this great achievement.
- Maxwell also held the record for the highest individual score in Men’s ODIs for Australia when he beat Shane Watson’s previous highest score of 185* against Bangladesh in 2011. Interestingly the only other Australian batsman who made a double hundred in ODIs. Belinda Clark, who scored 229* against Denmark in the 1997 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup.
- Maxwell’s double knock is the highest score by a batsman in an ODI second innings and the first double hundred in the history of the tournament while chasing. Earlier, Fakhar Zaman’s 193 against South Africa in Johannesburg in 2021 was the highest in the chase.
- The Australian all-rounder’s mystical innings also set the record of becoming the third double century to come in the men’s Cricket World Cup. Martin Guptill (237*) against West Indies and Chris Gayle (215) against Zimbabwe – both in 2015 – have not achieved this feat.
- The 128-ball 200-run score also became the record holder’s second fastest double century, missing Ishan Kishan’s 126-ball record by a whisker.
- Maxwell-Cummins’ 202-run stand is now the highest partnership for the seventh wicket or lower in men’s ODIs. Earlier, England’s Jos Buttler and Adil Rashid shared a record 177 runs for the seventh wicket against New Zealand in 2015.
- Maxwell and Cummins led Australia’s chase of 292 against Afghanistan, which is now the five-time champions’ most successful chase in men’s cricket World Cup. Earlier, Australia’s highest total was 287 against New Zealand in the quarter-final of the 1996 tournament.
- Maxwell has scored three centuries in the Cricket World Cup as he comes to bat at No. 5 or lower. The batsman Oz can now boast that he has the most hundreds and batting at this position as any other batsman able to score more than a century down the line batting-up.
Denial of responsibility! vismuseum.org.in is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at firstname.lastname@example.org The content will be deleted within 24 hours.