Mintsifry against autodial, subscribers are happy, but banks are sad
My phone rings again, the number is unfamiliar, I pick up the phone. On the other hand, the girl is joking that she is from Tinkoff Bank and will be happy to offer me the best conditions to serve the business. These people don’t understand the word “no”, they don’t understand when you ask them to delete a phone number from the call base. And every time it is heard: “Eldar Viktorovich, we are happy.” But I am not at all happy with it. In addition, Tinkoff is engaged in the selection of numbers from which calls are made, as users quickly throw a panama hat full of kind words and relevant reviews appear in applications that control spam calls. Therefore, calls go through, coming from unknown numbers. It is precisely because of the intrusive spam that I will never become a Tinkoff customer, plus I once had such an experience as an individual (readers convinced that this is an incomparable bank and the courier brings the card to work, which is just wow wow) . My experience is negative in small things, but I am spoiled by the quality of service of other banks, so Tinkoff is perceived as such. Yes, and other sounds of information is superimposed on it. I can’t say that Tinkoff calls every day, these are several calls during the year. But they are annoying because they are not wanted. It will be necessary – I know where to look for the bank, but until then, don’t touch me.
The Ministry of Digital Transformation, apparently, also receives unwanted calls, so the ministry has prepared changes to the rules for the provision of communication services. Formally, mass phone calls to people are prohibited in our country, Article 18 of the Law “On Advertising” clearly describes this prohibition. But the ban is on paper, law enforcement practice is currently crying, so banks (and this is not only Tinkoff) or other companies use telemarketing, flood people with spam calls . What makes the situation particularly ironic is that Tinkoff promotes Oleg’s secretary, who rejects spam calls, identifies them, a kind of voice answering machine. In the summer of 2022, Tinkoff stated that 14% of all phone calls are voice spam and that all residents of the country face it. That is, every seventh call comes from a spammer (scammers are not included in these statistics, this is a separate issue). The business of banks is really diverse: on the one hand, they build fences from spam, on the other hand, they themselves are involved in it.
A person must give explicit consent to be called from somewhere, in the absence of this consent, the call will be considered as spam. The Ministry of Digital Development proposes to block such calls from the operator’s side, this does not require much effort, it is enough to analyze the types of calls. With automatic calling, the operator sees that calls from a certain number or numbers are coming in a row, they can sort the capacity of the number or go in a random order. In addition, the operator sees that calls are often dropped, that is, the user picks up the phone and then hangs up when he is convinced that he is trying to sell him something. The model of such calls is very simple and clear. And it is easy to distinguish them among all the calls that companies make to inform their customers. A secondary benefit is that the scammers use similar calling algorithms, and similar software on the operator’s side can also detect and block them.
Operators are also encouraged to show an inscription on the phone screen (button or smartphone, it has no role) about who is calling. For example, if you receive a call from Tinkoff Bank, then a corresponding entry will appear, and you yourself decide whether you should pick up the phone or not. In Beeline, such a system is implemented, you do not need to install any applications, information about the caller is displayed on the screen, regardless of what device you have. Beeline’s service costs 3 rubles a day, but the Ministry of Digital Development proposes to make it free, which at present seems a waste for operators. The Ministry of Digital Development cannot force operators to provide the service for free, and this is not necessary. Let this opportunity be additional for those who want to get information about the caller, as well as you can develop the service in various directions, making it a kind of cloud notebook – it can contain both your contacts and operator base. A kind of analogue of GetContact, but spread throughout Russia and the operator’s subscribers. It’s a good idea that nobody came up with.
The banks are protesting against the innovation of the Ministry of Digital Development, they believe that they will lose the opportunity to promote their services, or rather, they talk about the impossibility of delivering important information messages. Here I have a hitch, what messages can be delivered by automated calling systems without a person’s consent? I’m not talking about the fact that there are SMS messages, the ability to send a message to the banking application and to the mail. What is so important that banks want to inform people automatically?
In addition, there is no problem with calling your previous client, no one blocks such calls. The operators can clearly distinguish calls that fall under the concept of mass calls, when the reaction of people is visible, they hang up. And the banks are not just cunning, they do not want to lose a cheap marketing tool – customer call, which has an effect due to its low cost. The number of connections and purchase of services is small, but the cost of this tool is even lower, which finally gives an advantage. The fact that people’s irritation is increasing in parallel, anxiety is growing in society, the banks do not care. As well as the fact that they actually violate the “Advertising” law.
She repeatedly asked during such calls where they got my phone number. In response, I heard that the program called this number at random. For the next question, why they turn to me by name and patronymic, I did not receive any more answer, apparently, the program was also able to correlate them with the number. It is not even slyness, but a huge sea of lies.
As a user of communication services, I do not want to receive spam calls, they have become more noticeable during the past year. I was not too lazy and counted how many such calls I received in December – a total of 16. This is about one call a day. It is clear that I have several tens of incoming calls per day, and against the background of this amount, the percentage of spam is insignificant. But I have. Many people have much less calls, and the percentage of spam increases automatically. In addition, such calls, despite the length and stupidity, act as an annoying factor, they simply distract someone.
My experience is very simple – I always try to explain that I don’t need service, thanks for calling, but don’t call again. After they don’t listen to me, I blacklist the number, at some point the spammer avoids this blocking. Then I spend my time not on outrage, but on active opposition – designing products, wasting the caller’s time, that is, depriving them of money. Moreover, the conversations are very remarkable, I will give one of these:
- Hello, we call you and offer you to arrange personal insurance!
- Hello, you are calling for the seventh time. Convinced me to buy insurance.
- Great choice, Eldar Viktorovich, when will it be convenient for you to come to the office and get insurance?
- Very busy, please send a courier to me.
- Yes, there is such an opportunity, dictate the address and time. You are offered different insurance options, you can pay them to our manager on the spot.
- Moscow, Leningradsky prospect, 90, there is a gate and a bell, let the courier come tomorrow from 14 to 18 hours.
- I wrote everything, wait for our manager, he will tell you everything. Thank you.
- Thank you bye.
The next day, another call.
- Hello, Eldar Viktorovich. Our manager cannot find you at the specified address.
- Bongo. Strange, I am waiting for him, sitting still.
- Let’s fix the address together.
- Come on.
- Prospect Leningradsky, 90.
- Oh, you are not Leningradsky, Leninsky Prospekt! Everything else is correct.
- Also, today the manager will not have time to come to you when it is convenient for you?
- Tomorrow at the same time slot.
- Are you sure you will be there?
- Of course I will, I meet couriers and managers here every day.
- I’ll see you tomorrow.
The next day, another call.
- Hello, my name is Oksana, I am bringing you the contract, are you there?
- Hello, I’m there.
- Well, then I’ll be with you in an hour.
It was two hours, he called.
- Hello, this is Oksana. There is a house and there is no gate.
- Hello, maybe I don’t know.
- are you here
- Oksana, unfortunately, I’m not here. I tried to explain to your colleagues that I hate their calls, but they didn’t listen. Therefore, it was easier to order your services to an address that does not exist for me.
- Not going to buy?
- (Hang up the phone).
Ten minutes passed, he called.
- Eldar Viktorovich, the manager can’t find you, where are you?
- I’m in town, your manager arrived at the address where I’m not.
- But did you give it to yourself?
- Certainly, but you called many times and you didn’t listen.
- Do you understand that you have wasted our employee’s time and I will have to blacklist you forever?
- (Fingers crossed). Bring it inside.
- (Hang up the phone).
Three months passed, and I was “forgiven” again, calls from this company started coming again and again. It’s good that I have an answering machine and I send him unfamiliar numbers, the assistant will find out what he needs and who. I should note that this gives a very good result, spammers do not like to communicate with assistants and hang up instantly if they recognize a robot.
The proposal of the Ministry of Digital Development is useful, but I advise the banks to learn to work normally with potential customers and not bother them before they buy something. I always imagine what would happen if the bank thinks I owe something. Will they defeat my means of communication in any way? Will they blow my mind so much that I pay even if I don’t have to?
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
* ? ? We always respect the copyright of the author’s content and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, leave the report under the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thank you very much! Best regards!