The best home remedies for heartburn
Heartburn treatment. Heartburn is caused by a stomach disorder called gastroesophageal reflux. The amount of acid in the stomach increases so much that it ends up going up to the esophagus, and the affected person feels pain in the head of the chest.
You may also be interested in: How much blood pressure should be according to…
Baking soda relieves heartburn in minutes
In less than 30 minutes you can get rid of heartburn, without resorting to pills. All you need is the miracle ingredient, which is surely in your kitchen. It is no longer a secret for anyone that sodium bicarbonate is a food product that can be used in many situations. Whether we are talking about culinary preparations, housework, beauty tricks or natural remedies, the benefits of sodium bicarbonate are indisputable.
Carbonated food, sweets and fats consumed in excess lead to favor heartburn. To get rid of the many pills, it’s time to turn to common sodium bicarbonate.
You may also be interested in: Horoscope December 30: Capricorn feels the need to…
According to doctors, baking soda reduces digestive acidity by adjusting the pH to neutralize the acidic substance. Therefore, all we have to do is put a teaspoon of baking soda in a large glass of water when we feel any kind of discomfort in the stomach.
After stirring for a few seconds to dissolve the bicarbonate, drink the entire contents of the glass gradually, sip by sip. The effect of this mixture will be visible in the shortest time, even in about 30 minutes.
You may also be interested in: Five digestive problems that can indicate cancer…
Other natural remedies
- Herbal teas. Chamomile, calendula, fennel, coriander, cumin and anise teas are particularly effective in supporting heartburn pill treatment. They relieve irritation and inflammation, reduce stomach spasms and gastric acidity, and improve digestion.
- The licorice. The powder obtained from the licorice root quickly fights gastric acidity, has an anti-inflammatory action and helps to restore the gastric mucosa. One teaspoon is consumed three times a day, 30 minutes before meals, but not for more than three consecutive months.
- Cabbage juice. The juice obtained from raw cabbage has a cicatrizing and alkalizing effect on the stomach mucosa and is also indicated in the case of ulcers. It is preferable to consume it immediately after preparation, otherwise it oxidizes. With the same efficiency, but more difficult to obtain naturally, is the gel obtained from the aloe vera plant and coconut water.
Tablets for heartburn
There are a number of tablets for heartburn which, however, should be taken on the recommendation of the doctor. Medicines based on magnesium hydroxide and calcium carbonate fall into this category, but they are considered classic antacids, which only have the quality of neutralizing gastric juice. To reduce the amount of gastric acid, drugs based on proton pump inhibitors and H2 receptors are recommended.
You may also be interested in: You can have a stroke and not know it. Not…
The person suffering from heartburn must protect himself and not abuse coffee and spices. Also, garlic, onion, hot pepper, pepper irritates the sensitive stomach and can accentuate problems, ranging from gastritis to ulcer.
Do not eat fruits with a high pectin content, such as apples. If you’re still craving an apple, make sure you peel it before eating it. Chew your food well and don’t eat in a hurry. Also, do not leave long breaks between meals. It is preferable to have three main meals and two snacks a day, so that the stomach does not work “on empty”. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day and avoid late meals.
You may also be interested in: Inflamed pancreas: symptoms appear in the first days…
When you go to the doctor
It is advisable to see a doctor if the stomach discomfort lasts more than a few days.
Your doctor may ask about your symptoms and do a physical exam or an ultrasound. In some cases, an endoscopy is performed, a procedure that allows the doctor to see inside the stomach with a tube and a small camera, to find the cause.
If H. pylori infection is suspected as the cause of heartburn, a breath test or stool sample is required.
You should seek medical help immediately if you have heartburn accompanied by other serious symptoms, including:
- black stools or blood in the stools;
- severe abdominal pain;
- problems swallowing or breathing;
- severe vomiting or vomiting of blood;
- unexplained weight loss;
- fever accompanying stomach pain;
- swelling of the abdomen;
- yellowing of the eyes or skin;
- pain that interferes with sleep.
The information presented in this website is informative and does not replace medical diagnosis or product brochure. Any decision about your health should only be made after consulting your doctor.
*The article was translated based on the content of DoctorulZilei from www.doctorulzilei.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report under the article. We try to process as quickly as possible to protect copyright. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
* ? ? We always respect the copyright of the author’s content and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, leave the report under the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thank you very much! Best regards!