For the most expensive tea, you need a real small fortune

0 10

For the most expensive tea, you need a real small fortune – 5 MOST EXPENSIVE TEAS IN THE WORLD

To the world of tea lovers, tea is more than a drink. It is a chance to connect with a centuries-old tradition and discover exceptional new tastes. For true believers, tea offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the taste and aroma. That is why some are willing to pay a fortune for the best tea. Discover the most expensive teas in the world and find out why each has such a high price.

Tea is loved by peoples around the world. The Chinese prefer black teas, while the Japanese prefer premium green teas such as matcha and gyokuro. The British are known for their love of black tea such as Earl Grey, South Americans prefer strong drinks such as yerba mate.

Da Hong Pao 600,000 dollars

Da Hong Pao tea has its roots in the Ming Dynasty and is one of the most expensive black teas on the planet. Also known as Big Red Robe tea, this Chinese tea embodies the characteristics of the Wuyi Mountains where it is grown. Notes of earthy and mineral flavors, acquire a deep red hue and have a lively finish.

Rare tea is so expensive, mainly because the leaves are picked from plants that have been growing in the mountains for over 300 years. Most of these ancient plants produced the last true DA Hong Pao in 2005. The result is astronomical prices for some of the dried leaves of these ancient plants. This tea can be worth more than 30 times its weight in gold – one gram of tea leaves is worth $1,400. Many companies sell cheaper versions of Da Hong Pao from new tea plants grown in nearby places that offer a more affordable way to enjoy the taste and terroir of tea from the Vui region.

2. Panda Dung Tea $35,000

Panda Dung tea is the world version of kopi luwak — coffee made from Indonesian civet droppings. These special tea leaves are fertilized with panda bear dung. Pu-erh tea is said to contain great health benefits because pandas only absorb about 30 percent of the nutrients in their diet. Producers believe that the other 70 percent of nutrients including amino acids and polyphenols end up in panda droppings, making a highly nutritious fertilizer for tea plants.

The tea is produced in small quantities by a wildlife expert in China’s Sichuan province. Panda Dung tea has a nutty flavor and a malty aroma. It should inspire tea lovers who enjoy rich aromas and layered flavors.

PG Tips Diamond Tea Bag — $15,000 for one tea bag

PG Tips is a British tea company known for its delicious range of teas. To celebrate its 75th anniversary in 2005, the tea company released Darjeeling tea in a diamond encrusted tea bag in 2005. The bag contained 280 diamonds of 2.56 carats and a delicate white gold chain for easy cooking.

The bag was made from jewelery favorite Boodles and was used to raise money for the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital. The tea bag contains Imperial Silver Tips tea leaves grown at the Makaibari Tea Estate in India.

Pouring tea

Vintage Daffodil – $3,250

Vintage Narcissus is an oolong tea produced in the Vuii Mountains. It has golden yellow tea blossoms and a layered flavor unlike any other. The tea was named after the Greek hunter Narcissus who found beauty in everything. Oolong tea is highly oxidized – about 60 percent – which results in a chocolate and woody flavor with notes of floral and nut nuances. One of the most expensive Narcissus Vuii teas sold in a 50 year old box has become a prized collector’s item around the world.

Tea Tieguania – $ 1,500

This is a true tea that is semi-oxidized and can vary dramatically in taste depending on where and how it is produced. This expensive tea takes its name from the Buddhist deity known as the Iron Goddess of Mercy. The tea originated in Fujian province in the early 19th century.

Tieguaniin holds the title of the most expensive tea sold in the UK. The tea can be infused multiple times without developing a bitter taste, making its high price a little more manageable.


Source: Agromedia from www.agromedia.rs.

*The article was translated based on the content of Agromedia from www.agromedia.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report under the article. We try to process as quickly as possible to protect copyright. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

* ? ? We always respect the copyright of the author’s content and always include the original link to the source article. If the author disagrees, leave the report under the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thank you very much! Best regards!


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.