sports desk29 minutes ago
The 13th ODI World Cup is starting in India from 5th October. 10 teams including host India are participating in this biggest ICC tournament.
In this story, we will see the record of all 10 teams in the 50-50 over format since the last ODI World Cup. We will also know how these teams have performed in India, Asia and overall since the last World Cup.
The performance of the teams is divided into 3 parts
We will see the performance of the teams in India because the World Cup is being held in India. Whereas in the Asian continent, most of the pitches of Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and UAE are like India. Therefore, we will know the performance of the teams in these countries also. At the same time, the overall record will give an idea of how the teams are playing in the ODI format considering all the conditions.
1. India played and won the most matches
Asia Cup champion India has also won the ODI series against Australia. The team will enter the World Cup only after remaining number-1 in the ODI rankings. India’s first match will also be against Australia on October 8 in Chennai.
- After the 2019 World Cup, India played the maximum number of 65 ODI matches. The winning percentage was 61.54. In terms of winning percentage, Team India is second after Pakistan.
- India has also won the maximum number of 27 matches in Asian conditions. With 68.42% winning percentage, the team was behind only Pakistan. The team has won 20 out of 26 matches on home ground in the last 4 years. That means the highest winning percentage is 77%.
- Shubman Gill was India’s top run scorer in these 4 years. He scored 1901 runs by scoring 6 centuries. Virat Kohli remained at second position by scoring 1741 runs.
- Kuldeep Yadav and Shardul Thakur were India’s top bowlers, both took 57-57 wickets. During this period, Mohammad Siraj took 53 wickets.
2. Pakistan has the best winning percentage
Asia Cup was very bad for world number-2 ranked Pakistan team. The team could not even reach the finals after losing to India and Sri Lanka. Pakistan’s first match in the World Cup will be against Netherlands on 6 October in Hyderabad.
- Pakistan played only 36 ODIs after the 2019 World Cup. But the team won 24 matches and lost only 10. The winning percentage in this time period was the best at 66.67%.
- Pakistan played 27 matches in Asian conditions in the last 4 years. Here the team won 19 and lost only 6. The winning percentage was also the best at 70.37%. Pakistan has not played any ODI in India for the last 11 years.
- Captain Babar Azam was the best batsman of the team in these 4 years, he scored 2196 runs. Openers Fakhar Zaman (1444 runs) and Imam-ul-Haq (1284 runs) also scored more than a thousand runs during this period.
- Haris Rauf was the top bowler of the team, he took 53 wickets. After Haris, Shaheen Shah Afridi took 46 wickets.
3. Australia is the foreign team that has played the most matches in India in the last four years.
The 5-time ODI World Champion Australia team has lost 5 consecutive ODIs. Before India, they also had to face defeat in the series against South Africa. However, the team had also defeated India in the ODI series in March this year. His first match in the World Cup will be against India on October 8 in Chennai.
- Australia played 43 matches after the 2019 World Cup. The team won in 23 and lost in 20. The winning percentage is 53.48%, which places them sixth among 10 teams.
- In the last 4 years in Asia, Australia won only 6 out of 16 matches. The winning percentage is only 37.5%. In India, the team could win only 3 out of 8 matches. But compared to other teams, Australia has the most experience of playing in Indian conditions.
- David Warner is Australia’s top scorer in these 4 years, he scored 1298 runs. Marnus Labuschagne (1196 runs) and Steve Smith (1170) also scored more than a thousand runs.
- Leg spinner Adam Zampa is the team’s top wicket taker, he took 77 wickets. Whereas Mitchell Starc has taken 47 wickets and Josh Hazlewood has taken 42 wickets.
4. South Africa’s bad record in Asia
South Africa defeated Australia 3-2 in the previous series after trailing 0-2. World number-4 team has reached India. Their first match in the World Cup will be against Sri Lanka on October 7 in Delhi.
- South Africa played 40 matches after the World Cup 2019, and won 21 of them. The winning percentage of 52.5% places them at number 7 among 10 teams.
- South Africa played 6 matches in Asian conditions and won only 2. The team’s experience in Asia in the last 4 years is the worst after Netherlands. Even in India, the team won only one match out of three.
- Quinton de Kock was South Africa’s top scorer in these 4 years, he scored 1269 runs. Five more players of the team scored more than one thousand runs during this period.
- Tabraiz Shamsi was the top bowler of the team, he took 44 wickets. Lungi Ngidi took 37 wickets and Keshav Maharaj took 31 wickets.
5. England is defending champion, won 54% ODIs in 4 years
The England team, which won the ODI World Cup for the first time in 2019, recently defeated New Zealand in the ODI series. The attacking form of the team has continued since 2015 and this time too the team will be seen in the same style. Their first match in the World Cup will be against New Zealand on October 5 in Ahmedabad.
- England played 42 matches after the 2019 World Cup, the team won 22. The winning percentage was 52.38%, which is the worst among 10 teams after Netherlands and Afghanistan.
- England played 6 matches in Asian conditions in the last 4 years. The team won 3 and lost 3. The team has less experience on the pitches of the Indian subcontinent. During this period, England played 3 matches in India and could win only one.
- David Malan has been England’s top scorer in these 4 years, he has scored 1022 runs. No other batsman of the team could even score a thousand runs.
- Leg spinner Adil Rashid was the top bowler of the team, he took 41 wickets. David Willey got 37 wickets and Sam Curran got 26 wickets.
6. New Zealand is at third place in winning percentage
2019 World Cup runner-up New Zealand won the ODI series in Bangladesh after 15 years on Tuesday. Kane Williamson is the captain of the team in this World Cup, but he may miss the initial matches due to injury. The team’s first match in the tournament will be against England on October 5 in Ahmedabad.
- New Zealand played 43 matches after the 2019 World Cup. The team won in 24 and lost only 16. The winning percentage of 55.81% is the best among teams outside Asia. In overall winning percentage, the team is at third place after India and Pakistan.
- New Zealand has played 14 matches in Asian conditions. They won only 5, but this experience will be useful to them in the World Cup. The team played 3 ODIs in India in the last 4 years and lost all three.
- Tom Latham scored the highest score of 1247 runs for New Zealand in these 4 years. Apart from him, only Daryl Mitchell (1025 runs) could cross the thousand run mark.
- Matt Henry took the maximum 38 wickets for New Zealand. During this period, Trent Boult took 33 wickets in only 15 matches. He will also be the strength of the team in this World Cup.
7. Bangladesh is strong in Asia, has not played ODI in India for 17 years
Bangladesh defeated Afghanistan and champion India in the Asia Cup. The team’s morale is high, but it had to face defeat from Afghanistan and New Zealand in the bilateral series. Bangladesh’s first match in the World Cup will be against Afghanistan on October 7 in Dharamshala.
- Bangladesh played 53 ODIs since the 2019 World Cup. The team won 29 of them, which also included the series win against India. The team is at fourth position in terms of winning percentage (54.71%).
- Bangladesh played 35 matches in Asian conditions. The team won 18 of them, the winning percentage was around 51%, which is much better than other teams. However, the team has not played a single match in India in the last 17 years. The team last played an ODI in India in 2006.
- Former captain Tamim Iqbal was the top scorer of Bangladesh in these 4 years, he scored 1486 runs. Liton Das (1482 runs) and Mushfiqur Rahim (1481 runs) were the remaining top scorers of the team.
- Mehdi Hasan Miraz took the maximum 56 wickets for Bangladesh. Whereas Mustafizur Rahman took 53 wickets, Shakib Al Hasan took 48 wickets and Taskin Ahmed took 45 wickets.
8. Sri Lanka’s recent form is good, won 55% of its matches in Asia
Asia Cup runner-up team Sri Lanka had also won the ODI World Cup qualifier recently. Sri Lanka are in excellent form, but their important players are injured, which will increase the problems of the team. Sri Lanka’s first match in the World Cup will be against South Africa on 7 October in Delhi.
- Sri Lanka played 56 matches after the 2019 World Cup. The team won 30, the winning percentage (53.57%) was better than teams like Australia, England and South Africa. He played most of these matches on home ground only.
- In Asian conditions, Sri Lanka played 40 matches and won 22. 55% win percentage is the best after India and Pakistan. In the last 4 years, the team played 3 matches in India and lost all three.
- Pathum Nissanka was Sri Lanka’s top scorer in these 4 years, he scored 1396 runs. Kusal Mendis (1380 runs) and Charith Asalanka (1272 runs) were the remaining top scorers of the team.
- Leg spinner Wanindu Hasaranga is Sri Lanka’s top bowler, with 58 wickets to his name. However, he will not play the tournament due to injury. After him Mahish Teekshana has taken 44 wickets.
9. Afghanistan lost last 5 ODIs in a row, but has a lot of experience of playing in Asia
Afghanistan was eliminated from the group stage in the Asia Cup. Before the tournament, Pakistan also defeated them in the ODI series by 3-0. But Afghanistan has recently defeated Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in ODI series. Their first match in the World Cup will be against Bangladesh in Dharamshala on 7th October.
- Afghanistan played 29 matches after the 2019 World Cup. The team won only 14, their win percentage (48.27%) was the worst after Netherlands.
- In Asian conditions, Afghanistan played its maximum of 26 matches, but could win only 11. Their win percentage (42.30%) is the worst among Asian teams. In India, the team played 3 matches against West Indies and lost all three.
- Rahmat Shah was Afghanistan’s top scorer in the last 4 years, he scored 1014 runs. Apart from him, other batsmen could not touch the thousand run mark.
- Rashid Khan took the maximum 41 wickets for the team. After him, Mujeeb ur Rehman took 35 wickets and Fazalhaq Farooqui took 32 wickets.
10. Netherlands qualified by defeating West Indies-Zimbabwe
The Netherlands team reached the World Cup from the qualifier stage. They qualified by defeating teams like West Indies and Zimbabwe in the qualifiers played in Zimbabwe this year. Their first match in the World Cup will be against Pakistan in Hyderabad on 6 October.
- Netherlands played 34 matches after the 2019 World Cup, but won only 8. The winning percentage of 23.59% is the worst among the 10 teams playing the World Cup.
- In the last 4 years, Netherlands played 3 matches in Asian conditions and lost all three. The only match the team played in India was in the 2011 World Cup, in which they lost.
- Captain Scott Edwards was the top scorer of Netherlands in these 4 years, he scored 1141 runs. During this period, Max O’Dowd also scored 1013 runs.
- Logan Van Baki was the top bowler of the team, he took 34 wickets. Whereas Bas de Leede took 23 wickets, Fred Klaasen took 22 wickets and Aryan Dutt took 20 wickets.
Graphics- Kunal Sharma, Ankit Pathak.
Read tomorrow in World Cup Series Part-3
India’s track record against every opponent: Won 100% ODIs against Pakistan in the World Cup; Kohli top scorer against 6 teams
India will have matches against 9 teams in the World Cup. In these, the team has not been able to win even half the World Cup matches against Australia, New Zealand, England and South Africa. But Team India has defeated Pakistan in all 7 matches. Virat Kohli is the top run scorer in the current Team India squad against 6 teams. In this story, we will know the performance of Team India in the World Cup, in India and overall ODI performance against all 9 opponents.
Also read this news of World Cup series…
Report of all 10 venues: Crowd capacity of Ahmedabad 1.32 lakh, 6 stadiums will host for the fourth time
The ODI World Cup is starting in India from 5th October. World Cup matches will be held in ODI format in the country after 12 years. 48 matches of the tournament will be played in 10 cities including Ahmedabad. BCCI has given a total of Rs 500 crore to the state associations of all 10 stadiums. The stadiums have been renovated with this money. In this story, you will know the conditions, records, seating capacity and memorable moments of the stadium hosting the World Cup. Read full news