what’s happening and what impact it will have
Some cruise missiles are launched by bombers flying from airfields hit by attacks.
Ukraine’s attacks coincided with Russia’s reduction in cruise and ballistic missiles.
The Ukrainians estimate that the Russians now have enough missiles for two or three more waves of attacks against Ukraine’s power grids.
The most important attacks in Russia and its occupied territory
- April two Ukrainian helicopters crossed Russian territory and destroyed an oil storage facility in the city of Belgorod, while Ukrainian “Neptune” missiles sank the Russian flagship “Moskva” in the Black Sea
- In August there were explosions at Sakai air force base in Crimea. Satellite images show eight damaged warplanes. Propagandist Darya Dugina was killed when a car bomb exploded near Moscow
- October an explosion destroyed part of a bridge connecting Russia to the Crimean peninsula, a naval drone attack in Sevastopol against the Russian fleet
- December drones hit Engels and Ryazan airbases
Reserve Colonel Serhiy Hrabsky says that the Ukrainian military already has no hesitation in hitting airports, fuel tanks and ammunition depots, which are legitimate military targets. Scavenging objects in Crimea has become a daily routine.
“There is no reaction. Why? Because the Russians simply do not have the capacity for it,” said J. Hrabskis in an interview with The New York Times.
The United States and Ukraine have agreed that Kyiv will not attack targets in Russia with American-supplied weapons, but the Americans do not object to Ukrainian attacks with their own weapons.
Ukrainian officials say they have developed a long-range drone that could theoretically reach Moscow.
Mysterious explosions and fires are recorded in other areas of Russia. It is assumed that subversive groups operating in Russia may be responsible for at least part of the attacks.
Meanwhile, CNN’s military expert, Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling, says that the repeated explosion at the Engels Base is important for the progress of this war for four reasons.
“First of all, this is proof for Russia that there is no safe haven left in the country from the Ukrainian forces and they have to defend their military facilities wherever they are. Second, the explosion only confirmed that Ukraine has all the possibilities to hit Russia alone, which Russia, it seems, did not understand before,” said M. Hertling with CNN.
According to the expert, the most important reason is that the Engels base contains nothing but Tu 160 bombers capable of launching several cruise missiles in succession. These missiles, launched outside the territory of Ukraine, have been destroying Ukraine’s infrastructure for several months.
“That’s why Ukraine has finally made this base its target,” he says.
Mr. Hertling pointed out that tonight reports appeared that the mentioned bombs are being transferred to other areas in the east of Russia, which are more than 6,000 km from the border of the state of Ukraine.
“This means that the bombs are moved even three time zones away, and Russia, in order to use these bombs to attack Ukraine, will need much more fuel and organization to carry out attacks,” pointed out the -general of the reserve.
*The article was translated based on the content of 15min.lt – suprasti akimirksniu | RSS from www.15min.lt. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report under the article. We try to process as quickly as possible to protect copyright. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
* ? ? We always respect the copyright of the author’s content and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thank you very much! Best regards!