The Indian contingent has started the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou on a grand note. India won its first medal on September 24 and since then the winning streak has continued. At the 2018 Asian Games, the Indian contingent had set its record for the highest number of medals at the Asian Games by earning 80 medals from a 570-member strong contingent. Now in this edition, the Indian team hopes to surpass its previous best, with a target of over 100 medals. The women’s shooting team had opened the medal account for India on September 24 in Hangzhou.
Asian Games 2023: Current status of medal table
These athletes have won medals for India so far in the 19th Asian Games
2. Rowing Men’s Double Sculls: The pair of Arjun Lal Jat and Arvind Singh won the silver medal in the lightweight men’s double sculls.
4. Rowing, Men’s Eight: Continuing the medal streak in rowing, India won another silver medal, this time in the men’s eight event.
6. Shooting, Men’s 10m Air Rifle Team: The trio of Divyansh Singh Panwar, Rudranksh Patil and Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar gave India its first gold medal at the 2023 Asian Games. With a score of 1893.7, they broke the existing world record for a team in the 10 meter air rifle event.
8. Rowing, men’s quadruple sculls: India won bronze medal in rowing. The quartet of Satnam, Parminder, Jakar and Sukhmeet finished third in the final with a timing of 3:6.08 minutes.
10. Men’s 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Team: The trio of Adarsh Singh, Anish Bhanwala and Vijayveer Sidhu won the bronze medal for India with a total score of 1718.
11. Women’s Cricket: The Indian team won the gold medal by defeating Sri Lanka by 19 runs in the final. This was the first time that the Indian team participated in the Asian Games. Team India has been successful in winning the gold medal in the first attempt itself.