News of Wednesday, 27th September 2023
Do you know the miraculous benefits of walking?
Extra 500 steps reduce risk of stroke-heart attack by 14%: study
New Delhi, 27th: Walking is an easy and inexpensive activity that offers many benefits to our health. Walking helps improve our physical and mental health. Now, according to a recent study conducted by scientists on obese people, walking an extra 500 steps for 70-year-olds reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke by 14 percent. In this study, scientists involved more than 15,000 people with an average age of 78 years, in which they analyzed the health effects of daily walking on the slopes. Fitness devices were used in the study to count steps.
According to the scientists, those who walked 4500 steps per day had a lower risk of serious diseases compared to those who walked less than 2000 steps per day. According to a study presented at an American Heart Association conference, by walking just an extra 500 steps, people saw a 14 percent reduction in cardiovascular disease. According to study leader Professor Erin E Dooley, maintaining physical activity is important as we age, and regular walking can be a good option. We were surprised to learn that just walking an extra 500 steps per day can have such a big impact on heart health. The number of steps can be increased gradually.
* Walking is a good way to burn calories. If you want to lose weight, try walking for 30 minutes every day.
Improve heart health
* Walking helps lower heart rate and blood pressure. It can help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and other heart-related problems.
* Walking can help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
* Diabetes control
* Walking can help control blood sugar levels for type 2 diabetics.
* Less stress and anxiety
* Walking helps reduce stress and anxiety. It can also help improve mood and reduce symptoms of depression.
* Improves memory and learning
* Walking helps improve memory and learning. It may also help reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and other dementias.