Updated: Sep 30th, 2023
New delhi date. September 2023, Saturday
Dengue is a common infectious disease caused by a virus. This disease is spread due to mosquitoes. This mosquito is called Aedes Mosquito, Aedes Aegypti. While Chikungunya is spread by the bite of the Zeus mosquito. Chikungunya fever is also spread by viruses. Both diseases are less likely to occur at the same time but can occur together. Both mosquitoes are found in the same area.
Some of the symptoms of dengue and chikungunya are similar, including fever, headache and muscle aches. These two diseases also have different symptoms. In such cases, when these symptoms occur together, it becomes challenging to recognize and treat them.
Both diseases affect blood platelets and bleeding. This risk increases further when these two diseases occur together. One disease weakens the body’s resistance against another disease.
What to do if both diseases occur together?
- Consult a doctor immediately and explain the symptoms of both diseases to the doctor.
- Follow the instructions given by the doctor exactly. Different medicines may be required for both diseases.
- Get enough rest and increase fluid intake.
- Get blood tests done regularly.
- Take medicines to maintain platelet count as per doctor’s advice.